Telemundo, Channel 52 comes to Carver Middle School inspiring the students to pursue their academic and professional dreams. Students received generous gifts, including backpacks, school supplies, and gift certificates.
Welcome back to Carver Middle School! I hope that you and your child had a relaxing summer and your child is now ready to return and take on a new school year!
As the new Principal, it is my privilege and honor to join Carver Middle School. My mission is to create positive conditions that support success for everyone – students, teachers, staff, and parents. My goal is to ensure that every student is provided the highest quality of education in a safe and supportive learning environment. I’m a firm believer that collaboration amongst teachers and staff, and with parents, is essential to helping each student achieve his/her very best - every student is valued and worthy of our best effort to make this happen!
The nice thing about the beginning of a new school year is that everyone has a fresh start: a fresh start in academic courses; a fresh start in attending school on time; a fresh start in getting involved in activities. If students were to continue with this positive mindset, they will surely have great success in school! However, we know it is not always easy to keep students motivated, which is why we count on our parents’ help. Parents, there are a few simple things you can do to ensure the success of your child while at Carver Middle School:
- Make sure your child attends school every day and on time.
- Know what is required of your child to pass each of his/her courses
- Find out in advance when the report cards will be issued (they are distributed every 5 weeks). Demand that your child show you his/her grades. If your child is in danger of failing, promptly make an appointment to see the teacher.
- Participate in parent activities sponsored by the school- English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC) and School Site Council (SSC) monthly meetings, Parent Workshops, and Parent/teacher conference nights (Thursday, September 3rd is Back to School Night, and Thursday, October 22nd is Parent Conference Night.)
- Talk to your child about having friends who are a positive influence in your child’s life.
The extent of your involvement in your child’s school life is a huge predictor of your child’s success and academic growth – they need your guidance and support! So let’s start fresh together and make this a great school year!