Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
• According to MiSiS, we had 152 students with perfect attendance for the month of December!
• In December, 87% of Certificated staff met the 96% attendance rate or better. That’s a 7% increase in certificated staff compared to last December! Classified staff also improved from last year, with 56% of staff meeting the 96% attendance rate compared to last year! Keep up the great work everyone and continue to be here every day!
• Kudos to the 6th grade math department for their students’ achievement on the last CFA - 51% of students met or exceeded the standards! In Ms. Isidoro’s class alone, 76% of her students met/exceeded the standards on the CFA! Keep up the high-quality instruction team!!!
• Congratulations to the Holiday Cheer Competition Winners: tied for 1st Place – Rising Scholars and PE Rocks, 2nd Place – Broncos, and 3rd Place – Ms. Driscoll’s team! We had a fun time kicking off the holiday break!
• Carver received a “Good” rating on the Williams Inspection! Thank you Mr. Escobar, Mr. Aviles, Ms. Cuellar, Mr. Baker, and Ms. Nelm for keeping our campus clean. Additional thank you to all of our teachers and staff for reporting repairs and doing your part to keep Carver clean!
• Ms. Paiz, Cindy, and Kathy for helping with the Snow Jam Dance Packet sales; Ms. Emily for decorating the dance; and Mr. Ricks for being an awesome DJ.
• Ms. Martinnez and Ms. Guzman for making breakfast for Ms. Driscoll’s Perfect AIendance class!
• Ms. Oropeza for conducting the Reclassification Parent Workshop along with the FAT team support of Mr. Mora, Ms. Guzman, Ms. Sanchez, and Darryl from City Year.
• Ms. Bravo-Juarez, Ms. Myrna, Ms. Martinez, Ms. Guzman, Ms. Vasquez and her husband, Ms. Sanchez and Valentin, Mr. Mora, and all of the wonderful mother volunteers who came out on Saturday to distribute food baskets to our families! Additional thanks to all of the staff members who donated toward the food basket efforts!
• Mr. Orellana, Mr. Linares, Ms. Shavit, Ms. Paiz, Mr. Ricks, Mr. Spencer and student leaders for wrapping up our Articulation bus tours with our feeder elementary schools.